Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Crappy Anniversaries

Crappy anniversaries are those that make you feel like crap years after the actual event happened. This is the 6th anniversary of when my two very good friends betrayed me...cut out my heart, stomped on it, spit on it, vomited on it and then tried to put it back into the hole in my chest. I am doing so much better because, truly, time heals all wounds and I have worked really hard to be who I am and where I am at. But because it happened it still comes back to haunt me at times when I least expect it. I was told by one of the friends - no longer a friend - that I was just crazy and she did not believe that the feelings would come back year after year. Having checked with people in the know, those feelings are normal and will lessen year after year. I just know that forgiveness is sometimes an everyday occurrance when the memories you have are so...crappy.

I love my husband so much. He is a great person with a funny personality. He is very handsome and works hard for our family. He is smart. He is a wonderful dad. He is a great artist. He can fix almost everything. He is a tease. He is my friend and lover.

1 comment:

Matilda said...

If it makes you feel any better, I too am haunted by memories of the day after... Oh, and said friend is crazy...

I've told you this before, but I admire you so much, and your cute hubby, and will forever!

LOVE YOU!

oh, and I can't believe you said "lover" on your blog...ewe... :)