Thursday, July 31, 2008

Other Minnesota News

Okay, so I live in Minnesota....Where Little House on the Prairie REALLY took place. People live in Mankato, Walnut Grove and Sleepy Eye, MN.

Alison Arngrim, who played Nellie Oleson, "a non-homicidal bad seed" came to the Twin Cities to support her friend, Melissa Gilbert, in the play "Little House on the Prairie". Melissa is playing "Ma."

Apparently, Alison is also a comedian with a show called "Confessions of a Prairie Bitch." Apparently, she is a hit in the gay scene. If you want to hear it (it does have some swearing), go to You Tube Alison Arngrim "Confessions of a Prairie Bitch". It is really strange to hear Nellie's voice coming out of a grown adult.

I am also so tired of politics. I left Utah, the land of some very angry pro and con Voucher people, and now live in MN, the land of some very angry pro and con Voucher people. They have not gotten to the point of collecting signature to put the vote on the ballot, but I want to just yell at them all and say, "This is the land of Minnesota Nice. BE NICE!!!"

I thought Utah politcs was funky. Here in MN, years ago, they voted in a govenor who was a professional wrestler, Jesse Ventura. He is kind of a freak and likes his 15 minutes of fame. Now, Al Franken, the comedian/satireist, is running for the Senate.

And did you hear that the end of the world is happening December 21, 2012. I found this (sound sarcastic when reading) lovely website: http://www.december212012.net/ that has a lovely video (again sarcastic).

I wish I could save the people who are starving around the world. I wish I could stop the hatred that is causing so many wars and conflicts around the world. But I can't. I can only love my family and those around me. I can help those who need what I can give.

My advice: DO NOT FOLLOW THE ADVISE GIVEN IN THIS ARTICLE!!!! WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING????? I would hate to live in this kind of fear. http://www.december212012.com/articles/news/12.htm


3 comments:

Anners said...

In the end, if you just do right by your family & those close to you, YOU HAVE done it right. And just that, is hard enough. It's good to be educated and have an opinion about things going on around you, but you have to keep things in perspective.

p.s. Little House on the Prarie is just about my FAVORITE t.v. show (not kidding). The Laura and Almanzo love story episodes totally "slay" me - pathetic, I know.

p.s.s. I just ate sooooo much nacho and guacamole that I feel bad about myself & I have to change into cozy pants.

Matilda said...

My favorite part is when the world blew up...yeah...that's what's gonna happen...

Anonymous said...

Hey let's not forget DeSmet, South Dakota, where Laura spent her teenage years and first married years before they moved to Missouri! Hey, that might be someplace to see with you guys! It's been years since I went there but I remember it being pretty dang cool...
LOVED the Alison Arngrim act by the way. But you know, we have the same sense of humor...