Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dream House

We signed papers on May 21 and moved in on May 27, 2008. I really thought this was our dream house. It may be someday. It has been a neglected house. But we will love it and take care of it.

There is so much UGLY wallpaper ALL OVER the house. The only place that is more than half decent is the kitchen, so it will stay for a while. I trade off between painting, taking off wallpaper, and unpacking boxes. It has been fun to see my stuff that has been in storage for 4 month. But now I need to find places for everything and figure out where to hang all the pictures. I love them all so then all need to be hung. I know---they are just things. But some things help to make a home happy because of the memories those things bring up.

Kelly has not been happy with the house. But he also was not happy with the house in Murray, Utah. No straight walls, no electrical outlets where there should be, etc. So...I'm not sure what will make him happy and he needs to be the person to figure that out.

On June 5, 2008 I PUT UP PICTURES TODAY!!! Not all, but a lot. Our house is becoming us -- ours. The fan light broke in our room. Bran has a really great fan light. It doesn't make noise and it works and it not so overly feminine that I want to choke it or put pink tutus on it. Dara's fan light is so hideous and it doesn't work properly and makes a lot of clickin' noise.

June 8 All the wallpaper is down in the dining room!!! Yeah!!!!!!. It looks so much cleaner even though the walls need much love. We started taking down wallpaper in Dara's room. There are three rooms left that have some sort of wallpaper in them. What was this woman thinking? She had more crappy nic-nacs than I do and then to make it all the more crampy with the awful paper. And STOOPID LACE CURTAINS EVERYWHERE! Some day....

June 11...The dining room is painted!!. Now I just need to put up shelves. But is more organized and more beautiful than it has been in years. I hope the house is happy to be coming along and turning into a home.

There was a downpour tonight. It was actually scary, cool and beautiful. There was so much water. We are up on a sort of hill so hopefully our house is a bit safe from that much rain. It looked like God was dumping a huge tube of water on Waconia.

June 13 I, Lisa have slowed down a bit on the walls of the house. I think I am a bit blue.

June 14. Okay -- not a bit blue. Really blue. Crying blue. Yelling blue. But I'll get over it. I just really miss everyone in Utah...Friends and family.

1 comment:

Anners said...

You have been so busy. That is a heck of a lot of wallpaper to take down. You go girl!