Thursday, August 26, 2010

Summer is Ending

Dara and I went to the Como Zoo with two friends of ours. One is Dara's 4th grade teacher. It is really fun that she has become such a good friend.

The Como Zoo is free. It is small, but nice. You make a donation when you leave. They also have a conservatory that is full of beautiful plants. It is very peaceful. The zoo, not so peaceful. I think every daycare provider had their kids out. Kids with all the same colored shirts. There was a shirt that I did like on a girl. It read, "I'm not short. I'm fun-sized."

Two more days until the Corn Feed Festival. This is a Church party. Because of tradition it is called the Corn Feed. I added Festival because...well, because I can. So I get to pick up buns, bbq pulled pork and corn on the cob for 300 plus people. And I get to set it up. But I will have help. I always need help and seem to get it. We are also going to try to have families and individuals do their own version of the Mormon.org ads. I am not sure what I am going to do. Maybe sing "I'm A Mormom," or something equally repulsive.

2 comments:

Kathryn McFall said...

Corn Feed Festival, sounds like fun!! We have a zoo like the Como Zoo in Logan. It's the Willow Park Zoo and for being free it's pretty nice!

Jewels said...

We have a free zoo too here in Ogden, it is called, my house, it has everything you would ever want to see and not want to see at any other zoo. It is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.