Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mistakes....


  Mistakes
        “I hope that in this year to come, you make   mistakes.

        Because if you are making mistakes, then you are    making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

        So that's my wish for you and all of us, and my wish for me. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

        Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

        Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” 


                                                           Neil Gaiman



We have all survived the polar vortex.  Man, that kind of cold hurts.  My service at the middle school is pretty good.  I actually sometimes really like other people's kids.  There are sometimes that I don't like other kid's parents.  Whining, lying, not doing what they say they will do - kids and parents.

Whining - Verbal gases stinking up the air.

Christmas was quiet.  New Year's was even quieter.  It came fast and now we have to get used to writing 2014.

I am enjoying my children.  I am enjoying embarrassing my daughter.  

Life is good.

No comments: