Friday, April 3, 2009

So after I posted the last blog about what a great mom I am, Brannon came home from school an hour late and proceeded to yell at me because I was mad at him. I did say a bad word. I told him that he didn't give a flying f*** about what I thought. I think I kind of lost it. So I went and hid in the car that was parked in the garage. Did you know that dark garages are really not that dark?

We saw a bald eagle flying...in the sky. Where else would it be flying? I also saw a hawk sitting on a sign watching traffic go by. Maybe he works for the sheriff's department and has a tiny radar gun under his wing. We have had cedar waxwings in our tree.





The lake is melting.

Minnesota Nice. It is a strange term. Minnesota nice is the stereotypical behavior of long-time Minnesota residents to provide hospitality and courtesy to others. The term is also sometimes used in a derogatory way, to connote a sort of smiling stubbornness, forced politeness, false humility or passive aggressive hostility. Some Minnesotans really like to use their car horns. If you pull out just a bit two far for their liking, they honk their horn right as they pass you. Not the 20 seconds before they get to you. They wait until they are right in front of your car.

Then there are the soccer/hockey moms in their mini vans. Scary. They really like to try to run Kelly off the road.

There is also the US Senate race still going on between Norm Coleman and Al Franken. We also have Congresswoman Michelle Bachman. "she opposes she stimulus because we're 'running out of rich people in this country'" and "she wants residents of her state "armed and dangerous" over President Barack Obama's plan to reduce global warming "because we need to fight back."

And finally, Minnesota has the one and only "Craigslist Killer." Such a sad, sick story. The killer was found guilty and received a life sentence. I feel for his parents and for the family of Katherine Olsen.

Life is precious. Everyday is a miracle.

2 comments:

Val said...

You hit Minnesota Nice right on the head. That's exactly how it is.

Anners said...

I can't quite hear you dropping a big 'ol Fbomb, but I can only imagine how mad you must have been to let one slip out.

I'm glad things are melting and people are crazy in MN as well as UT.

I'm up to my eyeballs in school (especially math) and I am so READY for a break - come on summer!

I've lost interest in posting on my own blog, but occassionally wander to the blogs of friends and family and say "hi".

I will always stop by and say hi to you, so I hope you don't stop blogging.

Take care.

Annie