Monday, October 22, 2012

MN to UT

The kids and I drove 4 days and visited for 3 days.  A quick, wonderful visit.  Brannon and my brother, Steve, look so much alike.  The nieces and nephews are so beautiful and smart, with personalities that shine. Visiting with siblings and their spouses was the best part for me, knowing that even though we don't talk a lot on the phone, we still love and accept each other.  The VERY BEST part was seeing my mom and dad.  They are nearing the age of 70.  Holy Carrotballs!!  70?  That means that I am in my 40's!  Also seeing Kelly's mom was good.  She is doing well.

The mountains are pretty.  There are a lot of people and cars in Salt Lake.  Lots of good places to eat, though.  If I won the lottery, I would open an Arctic Circle and a Zuppa's  in Waconia, MN.

                            

Life is good.  There are issues, as always.  I am not the best mom in the world.  I can't be.  I have teenagers.  I am an embarrassment to them.  I lose my temper after being patient for weeks and I laugh at them and with them.  I do love them and want them to do well in life.

Dara is actually starting to behave like a teenage girl.  It is fun to watch the changes, however annoying they may be.

Brannon is:

closing his eyes.

Brannon and Nick have been friends since they were 4 months old.

School is good.  The students I work with are so much fun (mostly).  Their personalities are blossoming and they have humor, smarts, and gentle hearts.  I enjoy my job.  I just wish I could fix the students who don't think they can make a difference.


No comments: