Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I've just been feeling contemplative lately. Stoopid "anniversaries" come up every year and, although the pain, anger and bitterness lessens each year, the yuckiness of those feelings is still there. Maybe a frontal lobotomy would help.

Otherwise, life is going well. The weather is beautiful. We were not affected by the flooding, thank goodness. One of the weird stories about the flooding is that as the water has been receeding, people are finding really big fish in the streets.

2 comments:

Apple said...

I don't know about anniversaries, but I know a little bit about anger and bitterness from when someone's been really mean to me (nothing too serious, just a catty, dramatic girl I used to be friends with). Sometimes I think that verse in the New Testament where Jesus says we have to forgive men 70x7 means that we have to keep forgiving them over and over because the bad feelings keep coming back inside us (not because they have necessarily wronged us that many times). For me it's a hard thing because I'm so stubborn, but I guess that's the point of this life.

Anyway, I hope you find a big fish in a nearby street. Glad you didn't get flooded! I love you!

Val said...

A lobotomy of any kind would not, could not help you. Sorry about the yucky feelings anniversaries bring. I've got a few I'm not too fond of myself, but I'm still here.