Friday, February 19, 2010

Warm

It has been over 30 degrees for the past couple of days. Warmth!!! I think global climate change is really here. Snow in Texas, Georgia, Florida and other warm states!? That is just crazy and global and climatey and changey.

Tomorrow is the Relay for Life of Waconia's Book Sale. We are selling books for $1.00 each, along with baked goods, cds, videos, and dvds. I hope we get a good turnout from the community.

Brannon had a seizure last Saturday on a church member's driveway. It only lasted about 30 seconds and his eyes did not roll back in his head, but still...scary. The leaders that were with him, along with young men, handled it really well. I am angry at Brannon because I thought he was taking his medication every morning and night, but when I counted his pill....he has been missing doses. Stoopid!!

Last night we were playing games as a family. Brannon had his cards that he laid out of the table and said, "Read 'em and wheat." We have laughed about that one alot.

I have been substituting at the middle school this week. I have been with a non-verbal 5th grader. He is a slow pokey kid, so I have been trying to get him to run. And he can go...when I say "Ready, set, go." I think I will be saying that in my dreams tonight because I have said it so many times this week. It has really made me appreciate my children and their voices and their words.

Dara is become more drama-ish. PMS.... here we come! She is so smart and funny and sarcastic and amazing and not perfect. Which is great. A normal kid. She loves spelling and can spell 10th grade spelling bee words. Freaky.

Holy cow! I just realized that both our moms' birthdays are coming up on Feb. 24. They are 10 years apart, born on the same day. I think my mom is going to 45 and Kelly's mom is going to be 55. They are so young, as am I. That would make me about 23 years old. I have done alot in my 23 years. I do have a lot of laugh lines and fat is appearing in weird places that I never had to worry about before. "Back fat is in this season."

I am now in the nursery. I told the counselor who asked me that I would have to check with my parole officer. He just laughed. What is wrong with these people? Why do they think I like kids? Especially other people's kids? We just need to get a couch for the nursery. It was hard sitting on the floor with three kids on my lap and then one sleeping on me for an hour. OOOOOO...a really big beanbag chair or a hammock. Yeah, a hammock. That is not dangerous at all.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

I saw someone cleaning out their garden today. Crazy. You should go buy a Love sack and turn in your receipt to the Primary President and see what her reaction is. If you're 23, that would make me 12 and I don't want to be 12 again.

Jamie said...

You have had an amazing 23 years of life. It is unbelievable what you have accomplished. And you don't look a day over 20. You are so awesome Lisa, I laugh so hard at your blog posts!