Monday, October 26, 2009

My parents came to Waconia to visit for the first time. It was great to have them here. They arrived, finally, Thursday night. They were kept in the air for two hours above Minneapolis because VP Biden was in town. What? Can't land planes when a VIP is in town? Whatever.

We took them to the Mall of America and saw the indoor amusement park and went to the Underwater World Adventure. We also went into the American Doll store. Dara had some birthday money left over and wanted a little something that she saw in the catalog.

After about 5 minutes, Brannon, who was in a teenage angst mood that was soooo ugly, turned and said to me, "I feel SO GAY!!!" I told him that I did too. It was the creepiest store I have ever been in. They even have a salon with tiny salon chairs that they do the doll's hair in. Creepy!!!

We took my parents to help us pick out our Christmas tree and also picked apples. We still miss them. They need to come again.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

They really enjoyed the trip. Although mom didn't like that it was a little cold. I think she got spoiled from going to Mexico.