Saturday, August 8, 2009

August in Minnesota has been strange. Today is in the 90s with a lot of humidity. But it is finally raining....on the Carver County Fair. Last night was a night of noise and light...thunder and lightning ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

The women's group I joined has been cleaning the fair's Grandstand every morning. People are slobs. I wonder if they just throw their garbage on the floor of their living room. I shouldn't complain...we are getting paid to clean, but goodness. Put your trash where it goes.

The kids and I are going to be getting ready to travel to Utah. It should be great. We will being the laptop for movies, stay a night in Cheyenne and be in Utah the evening of the 13th.

One of our favorite missionaries, Elder Jackson, will be heading home to Texas on August 21. We will be getting the second set of missionaries at that same time. Kelly is frantically working on the basement to have it be ready for them. It is going to be very nice. We just need beds for them. New, nice beds.

My peri-menopause is great fun...hot flashes, night sweats, anger for no reason, crying for no reason for 30 seconds then being fine. Then crying again, for no reason, anger "WHY DO I WANT TO SQUISH YOUR HEAD LIKE A BLUEBERRY?!!!!"

Wow, how do we survive each other?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I know you have a million people to see, but if you have time for us, we'd love to get together and chit-chat.

Jewels said...

Is peri-menopause better than the "real thing"? It sounds like you are having lots of fun with that. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Val said...

Is this what I have to look forward to? I already get angry...but it's always for a good reason. I want to cry but the tears won't come. So now what? Have a wonderful trip. Miss you.