Friday, October 10, 2008

I love volunteering. I need a shirt that says, "They say I have an addiction to volunteering, but I don't think I do.... Oh, look a chicken." I know it makes no sense to anyone who doesn't really know me. I got to go did in the elementary school garden this morning. It was like a field of weeds. But we can get it into shape.

I am the president of a service group called Women of Today. My president's theme is "Beyond Us." We need to all look beyond ourselves and help others.

The house cat, Muffins, is still with us. In our house. Sleeping on our beds. She still gets hissed at by Big and Little, but I think they are getting used to her.

Our Sister Missionaries are no longer in Waconia. We have Elders now. Not that I don't like boys, but it is easier as a woman to help out the sisters and allow them in your home to get a drink or go to the bathroom. The elders have to have to have the husband home and blah, blah, blah. Rules, rules, rules. Pay, Pray & Obey.

Here's to good women: May we raise them, may we know them, may we be them.

I have so many good women in my life. Thank you.

No comments: