Tuesday, August 5, 2008

When I don't sleep

I am not sure why I don't sleep. I am taking a presciption now and it I sleep every other night. That is much better than not sleeping every night. Last night at about 3:00 a.m this is what I was thinking: How to spell the alphabet...ay bee cee dee eee eph gee ach aye jay kay ell emm enn oh pee kew arr ess tee yew vee dublyew ecks why zee.

I also took notes, in the dark, about what I was thinking about. The list includes ideas for a dinner our church holds every year, and since I'm in charge of it, I'm thinking about it. It is called The Corn Feed. Okay, this is the midwest, so.... okay.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I have sleep issues too. It's so annoying. I usually end up freaking out about our budget or some expense that I hadn't thought about before. I'll try your alphabet thing too.

Anners said...

I think the ability to sleep like a "rock" really goes down with age. I go thru rough spots with my sleep. I know how frustrating it can be to see 3 a.m. on your clock & have YET to get any shut eye. It can make you crazy! And that dazed feeling the next day stinks as well. Good luck, I'll think sleepy thoughts for you.

Anonymous said...

I don't sleep either! One of these nights you should call me and we can kill the time together. Haha!

Matilda said...

I can't sleep either. Maybe you need a different dose.
I need a pill to turn off my brain too... I'll let you know when I find it!

Anonymous said...

Lisa-
I told you the first year sucks really bad. Hang in there your not going to die! Love your house. Ben said, "How cool so close to the lake".

I wouldn't want to eat a hair sandwich or an earwax omelet. The one question I always ask is...."Would you rather drown in a bucket of SNOT or eat a scab sandwich"?

I will miss seeing you this year and am glad that I came across your blog.

Tresa Brown, Murray